- Go Further Task September 2019
- What is a Go Further HAP?
- What is the Focus for Autumn Term 2019
- What is the Challenge?
- Go Further Top Tips
This is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your ability, creativity and commitment and demonstrate a deeper knowledge in a number of different subjects. This term we are going to focus on English, you will gain HAPS for the effort that you put into the tasks set and there will be a prize for the student that demonstrates highest level of dedication.
You have eight weeks to produce a creative response to:
- Biographical writing based on a scientist
- First person narrative using the voice of a scientist
- Argumentative writing – Pros and cons of pushing back the boundaries
- A 3-minute ted talk (without notes)
- A monologue
- An opening chapter of a dystopian novel
- News report
- Poem of your own (performed or written)
- A play
Remember this is an English Go Further task so you will need to demonstrate the skill you learnt in lesson speaking and listening, reading and writing. Whatever you decide to create ensure that you show your amazing English skills
- If you decide to build or make something make sure that you add text to the model.
- Step out of your comfort zone, look at a topic that you have not learnt about or even considered
- Think outside of the box – creators and inventors were your age once!
- You will present your findings to the rest of the class at the end of the eight weeks. You can do this in different ways, a PowerPoint, you can record yourself, film yourself, create a blog or vlog or stand and present your findings, whichever way you feel most comfortable.
- The best responses will receive GO Further HAPS that go towards winning big prizes
- We are looking for creativity, commitment and high ability.
- Take your time researching and responding to the task. This will take longer than 30 minutes, we really want to see a high level of work, this will take time to accomplish.
- Be curious, ask questions, look deeper not just on the surface
- Commitment can be demonstrated through work ethic and determination not just taking the easy route.
- Begin work straight away
- Your tutor will allocate you homework to complete the work
- If you wish to hand your work in early this is fine
- Final deadline is Friday 20th December 2019.