Monday- 8:30am- 3:05pm
Tuesday- 8:30am- 3:05pm
Wednesday- 8:30am- 5:00pm
Reading is one of the most important skills you will learn in school. Like all skills, improvement comes with practice and Bilton School Library provides a wide variety of books for you to borrow for reading practice, information and enjoyment.
The library is your space to learn and discover. If you every have any recommendations or questions about the Library please let us know.
Our library aims to support you throughout your time here. However, in order to maintain and expand our library resources, it is essential that you return the resources you have borrowed.
- Students are responsible to handle library books and resources with care. Please keep books away from food, liquids and pets.
- Any book/resource that is damaged or lost should be reported to Bilton School Library immediately in order for it to be repaired. If the damage caused is not easily repairable, payment toward a replacement copy will be requested from parents.
- If a book/resource is lost, payment toward a replacement copy will be requested from parents.
- All books issued from Bilton School Library, including English books, must be returned directly to Bilton School Library and not to a teacher.
- If you move from Bilton School, please return all books before moving.
- Fiction books can be loaned for a two week period but non-fiction books have varying loan periods. The due date of each book will always be stamped on the inside cover of the book. If students have not finished reading their book during this time, they are able to renew their book. Any overdue book means that a student cannot borrow another book until the overdue book is renewed or returned.
The Library Website
The Library website is for you to keep track of the resources you have borrowed, as well as search for resources which you may wish to borrow. The library website will recommend resources for you based on your previous loans, it also allows you to write reviews on the books you have read to share with the rest of the school.
The library website can be accessed via the following link:
There are a few rules that need to be followed when using the Library:
- No food or drink should be consumed in the library, this needs to be finished before you come in.
- Ensure you enter quietly, making sure you don’t disturb others who may be working.
- Bags and coats should be put tidily in the bag store as you enter the library.
- You may borrow up to 3 books or 2 books and 1 DVD at one time.
The library offers a range of resources that are available for you to use. The library has a wide range of fiction books that are available for you to borrow. These books are ordered alphabetically by the author’s surname.
The library’s non-fiction section has a large number of informational books, covering leisure interests and school subjects. These books are order numerically by the dewey decimal code, which can be located on the spine of each book.
As well as newspapers, the library also subscribe to a number of magazines, including Rugby World, Empire and The National Geographic.
There are 10 computers in the Library that are available to use before and after school as well as at break and lunch times.
Film Club runs afterschool on a Wednesday from 3:05pm-5:00pm. If you are interested in joining please pick up a consent form from the library.
Homework club runs on a Thursday afterschool from 2:05pm- 4:00pm.
We have two book clubs, one on a Monday form time and one afterschool on a Thursday from 3:05pm-4:00pm. If you would like to join either Book Club then please speak to a Librarian. Please be aware that the Thursday book club is aimed at advanced readers.
The careers service has an area with university prospectuses and information about a large number of careers. A careers specialist, Mr Stoddart, visits on a Tuesday and Thursday to meet with students to discuss further education and future career options. If you would like to book a careers appointment, please speak to Mr Stoddart during break or lunch on a Tuesday or Thursday.
The Library sells basic stationery at reasonable prices. These can be bought whenever the Library is open.